Processing of application
After applying for unemployment benefit online, you have two weeks in which to submit the following documents, as appropriate:
- A certificate from your last employer
- Reasons why you lost your job / Notice of termination – This is needed unless you lost your job because of cutbacks/structural changes at the company, or you were only on a temporary employment contract.
- A certificate of your working capacity (stating what types of work you can do) if you do not have full working capacity.
- A certificate from your school/university/college stating that you have finished your studies, or when your study periods begin and end.
- A certificate from your school/university/college stating what proportion of full-time studies you are taking, with your time-table.
- A certificate from the Maternity/Paternity Leave Fund.
- Copies of your two last pay-slips (if your job proportion has been reduced).
- An U1 certificate if you have been working abroad and want to have this work counted in the assessment of your right to receive unemployment benefit.