Are you expecting payment from the Directorate of Labour due to a reduced employment ratio?
If you have not been paid or if you feel that you have been paid too little, then read this to find out the main reasons why this may be the case before contacting us.
Were you paid too little or not at all?
If you have not been paid, then the reason is most likely:
- Your employer has not yet confirmed your agreement in ‘My pages for employers’ (Mínar síður fyrir atvinnurekanda)
- You are able to find information about whether or not your employer has confirmed your agreement in ‘My pages’ for jobseekers under Communication history (Samskiptasaga)
- The wages that your employer registered fully deplete your unemployment benefits.
- Information regarding the wages that your employer registered is available in your payslip in ‘My pages’
If you feel that you have been paid too little, please consider the following:
- Now only half of the month is being paid, from the 15th – 31st In April you will receive the full amount.
- The wages you were paid for your work in March may have depleted your unemployment benefits as the combined total may not be a higher amount than 90% of your average income for the last three months.
- Information regarding the wages that your employer registered for reduced employment ratio and your average wages for the last three months can be found on your payslip in ‘My pages’
Were your personal tax credits used?
f your payslip states that your personal tax credit (persónuafsláttur) is 0 kr. then you have not selected to use your personal tax credits on your unemployment benefit payments. You can log into My pages for jobseekers (Mínar síður fyrir atvinnuleitanda) to request that they be used at The Directorate of Labour.
Your payment for last month will then be corrected with consideration taken to your request to use your personal tax credits.