Actively seeking employment
You are considered to be actively seeking employment if you meet the following conditions:
- You can perform most types of general work.
- You take initiative in your job search and are prepared to accept any paid employment.
- You are willing and able to accept work without advance notice.
- You are prepared to accept work anywhere in the country.
- You are prepared to accept work, regardless of whether it is full-time, part-time, or shift work.
- You are not entitled to wages or other payments in connection with work performed on the labour market during the period that you are regarded as actively seeing employment, except in the case of a reduced employment ratio.
- You are willing and able to participate in the labour-market measures offered to you.
- You are prepared to provide The Directorate of Labour with the information necessary to increase the likelihood that you will find suitable employment.
You must inform The Directorate of Labour of any changes or other circumstances which may impact your capacity to work without undue delay.