Obligation to report
You must notify The Directorate of Labour immediately about all changes that occur to your personal circumstances which may impact your rights while you are receiving unemployment benefits. Failure to report such changes may result in you being imposed with a benefit suspension period, or other penalties according to legislation.
Examples of such changes are:
- Your participation in studies
- Incidental employment
- Part-time employment
- Full-time employment
- Other income you may receive alongside unemployment benefit payments
- Establishment of a company (ehf., slf., sf.) / shares in a company.
- Reduced capacity or total incapacity to work
- Residing abroad without a U2 certificate
- Changes to your address, telephone number and/or e-mail address.
Instructions on how to report employment or income can be found in the video below: