Loss of entitlement
Make sure you understand the rules and your obligations as a job-seeker. If you break the rules or fail to comply with them, you run the risk of losing your right to benefit payments for a period of time. This will happen, for example, in the following cases.
- If you refuse to take part in remedial measures (courses, etc.).
- If you go abroad without telling the Vinnumálastofnun in advance.
- If you are pursuing a course of studies.
- If you do not meet the attendance requirements in remedial measures.
- If you yourself decide to resign (leave your job).
- If you cannot be contacted.