Trips abroad; working abroad

  • If you intend to go on vacation (holiday), you must inform the Directorate of Labour and you will be taken off the benefit register while you are on vacation.
  • If you go abroad, you must inform the Vinnumálastofnun before you leave. You will not be entitled to draw unemployment benefit abroad unless you have been issued with an E-303 certificate authorising you to look for work in the European Economic Area.

If you intend to look for work abroad, it is a good idea to start by looking at and talking to a EURES advisor at the Vinnumálastofnun

Hunang Hunang logo