If you are ill you must report the illness to The Directorate of Labour. You are considered to be actively seeking employment despited incidental illness of up to 5 day in total. 

Illness must be reported via My Pages.

  • The beginning and end of an illness shall be notified to The Directorate of Labour without undue delay. 
  • Permission to utilize 5 days of maximum sick leave in two periods in each 12-month period. 
  • You must have been registered within the system for a total of 5 months during the same period.  
  • Furthermore, a medical certificate must be submitted within a week from the end of the period of illness, upon request of The Directorate of Labour.
  • Illness of a child: it is not permitted to utilize the 5-day sick leave due to the illness of a child. If this will prevent you from actively seeking employment, unemployment benefits will not be paid for those days.  

Var efnið hjálplegt?

Þakka þér fyrir þitt álit.
Það væri gagnlegt að vita meira um hvað þér finnst.

Hvað er helst að?

Hunang Hunang logo

Þessi vefur notar vefkökur (e. cookies).

Sjá nánar í persónuverndarstefnu Vinnumálastofnunar.

Hi, Vinný here! How can I assist you?
Vinný snjallmenni