Matsbraut for non-native Icelandic speakers
Duration: This course has a duration time of four to eight weeks. The full program is eight
weeks. A person's participation is considered satisfactory if he/she/they manage to attend
and participate according to their individualized schedule.
Pre-demands: Some proficiency in either Icelandic or English.
Number of participants: 10 individuals per course.
Main goal: To increase daily activity, a realistic assessment of a person's position regarding
work and Icelandic language skills.
Description of the program:
The main purpose of the course is to mobilize the participants in daily life and activities. The
program aims to strengthen the identity of the participants and promote a positive attitude
towards studies and/or work. The approach is individual, and the content is varied.
At the beginning of the service, there is an interview with an employee from Matsbraut and
at the end, a report is returned to the referring consultant/partner with a proposal for the
The course includes:
Work ethic/attitude towards work: Is the individual attending, if not, does he/she report
Cooperation/adaptability/communication: Training in conversation in Icelandic in different
situations. Discussing an interesting topic that appeals to the group, can be a current topic or
something that is trending on social media.
Practical tips for increasing activity: What factors influence occupational skills, health, and
quality of life? An occupational therapist guides and encourages participants to increase
Mental health/exercise: Yoga, mindfulness, meditation, and outdoors/hiking. Adapted to the
composition of the group each time.
Self-empowerment: Increasing belief in one's own abilities. Demeanor (appearance), selfesteem, body language and voice.
Guidance counselor: Individual help with creating CVs.
Hringsjá, organizes the course.
Course registration is made by email email@example.com. It is important to write the name of the course, name and ID number of the participant.
Kindergarten workshop and Icelandic / Kurs przygotowujacy do pracy w prezedszkolu
Are you interested in working in a kindergarten but need more skills in Icelandic? Objectives of the study:
- Learning Icelandic with an emphasis on vocabulary in working with children.
- An insight into practices and culture in preschool work in Iceland.
- Creative workshops where the emphasis is on the use of music in kindergartens, outdoor education, and artwork with children.
- Vocational training in a kindergarten where students actively participate in daily work, for a total of 4 days. The total length of the workshop is 120 hours. It starts on the 9th of January and ends on the 12th of February.
Classes will be held every weekday from 9:00 - 14:30
Interesuje Cie praca w przedszkolu, ale brakuje Ci znajomosci jezyka islandzkiego? Cele kurso:
• Nauka islandzkiego z naciskiem na słownictwow pracy z dziecmi.
• Wglad w praktyki i kulture pracy w przedszkoluna Islandii.
• Warsztaty twórcze zwiazane z wykorzystaniemmuzyki w pracy przedszkolnej, edukacji plenerowej i pracy plastycznej z dziecmi.
• Praktyka zawodowa w przedszkolu przez 4 dni Praktyczne informacje:
• Miejsce nauki: szkoła Mímir, Höfðabakki 9 oraz przedszkolach współpracujacych z Mímir. • W sumie 120 godzin.
• Rozpoczyna sie 9 stycznia i konczy 12 lutego. • Zajecia w kazdy dzien powszedni w godzinach 9:00-14:00.
Zapisy do 5 grudnia 2023.